Sometimes, hair defines your personality. It also defines how appealing you are to men. Having curly or straight hair, you may probably face confusion whether you make ready your hair or leave it as it is. So then the debate starts: which hair fashion you should adopt actually? Today in this article, we are going through this discussion and help you to decide your ultimate hairstyle.
Straight Hair Is Best
Is it really? No, you can’t tell this in a word. There are facts, and every style holds its own beauty and meaning. First of all, fashions or styles change with people’s aspects and motive. Not all styles suit everybody. Styles differ with the region, situation and most importantly your body and face structures. So, before styling your hair, we, the hair experts, always suggest you to understand your styling aspects, the region you are living and the type of party you are about to attend.
However, straight hair is best in most of the cases. People do like to look at your lovely, sleek, silky and smooth straight hair. You will get compliments from the curly haired girls most of the times. Straight hair grows long, and that is admirable to many. Besides, it weights light on your hair, doesn’t look messy or fluffy and straight hairs is less prone to frizzy. And most of all, it’s a trendy hair fashion nowadays.
So, many of the girls tend to straighten their hairs routinely like celebrities. However, celebrities do it with ease with the help of their hair experts or the top class salons. But for the rest of the general girls, it takes lots of time, passions, hard work and money.
Besides, your hair does not stay straight for long if your hair is not long and thick enough. And with excessive hair products and tools, your hair may get frizzy, and the hair roots may get greasy.
So then, why most of the girls with curly hair tend to buy flat irons to straighten their hairs? Does it make a difference?
And Then the Debate Starts…
Do we really have satisfied ever? We all know the famous quote, “the grass is always greener on the other side of the river,” and it happens to almost all of us. We have seen most of the girls facing confusions that her hairstyles should be changed. Or it doesn’t suit her at all.
Girls with straight hair sometimes feel that men are more likely to like curly or kinky hair. On the other hand, having curly hair, some girls take this as a curse.
Whatever hair types you have got that have some significant values. But still, it needs sometimes to restyle your hair for some specific reasons. Here, the debate starts which one you should go for then? If you want your straight hair to curl or the vice versa, you need some efforts, things to maintain and most importantly need some specific tools to do that.
Now the question arises, is the change really worth? We will be going to find out that now in below.
Struggles of Maintaining Your Hair Styles
It’s not all about the styles. Before styling your curly hair to straighten or curling your straight hair, you should know some things to consider. First, let us tell you the hard part of styling and maintaining your hair.
Saying about the straight hair, we have observed, some girls think that straight hair is boring and to some, it feels such a pain to straighten their hair. With a good hair cut on your straight hair, you may look pretty, sleek and polished but for that, you need to spend hours of your time finding the perfect hair products for you and money as well.
If your hair is thick then most of the time your hair is unmanageable after straightening it. And most of the time you will face ponytail dents on your straight hair. Besides, straight hair does not give you so many hair styling options, and it is really hard to maintain.
On the other hand, some girls think curly hair has life. Girls who love curly hair think it more interesting, and it has more styling options than straight hairs. Curly hair is easy to roll, can be styled in different ways, looks attractive and joyful.
But it is also hard to maintain it. Curly hair always gets messy whenever you get up from your bed and then you have to invest a lot of your time to make your hair ready to go outside. You have to be careful of humid weather as humidity is always a nightmare for your curly hair. You also have to struggle while brushing your curly hair. And the last but not least, as an owner of curly hair, you have to be cautious about frizziness and always have to use anti-frizz hair care product.
What we have seen, it is always hard to maintain your hairstyle. But with proper care and styling steps, you may get rid of much fear about maintaining the hairstyle you prefer. So, before your styling any one of them, there’re a few last things to share with you. We advise you to read the next part thoroughly and then make the right decision.
Straight to Curly
Curly hair can give you a bold look with many styling options. But it’s hard to achieve or maintain natural looking curly hair. Whether you have curly hair or not, to give it perfect curly/wavy look, you need hot Rollers, Curling Irons, Heat Protectants and other hair care products like shampoo, conditioner, oils, etc. Now, how you can perfectly make your hair curly? Let’s look in below:
Things You Have to Do Curling Your Hair
- First, applying moisturizing/lightweight shampoo and conditioner on your hair. It is essential to clean your hair to hold curl better on your straight hair. Some believe that dirty hair holds the curls better, but with the right product, you can have the same effect with your clean hair. But remember; do not get your hair wet right before curling.
- After cleaning it is essential to hydrate your hair before start curling. You can use Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and Redken Forceful 23 spray to build long-lasting and flexible hold to your hair.
- After that, you need to blow-dry your hair. Choose a medium-sized round brush. You can check out Olivia Garden Nano Thermic Ceramic Ion Brush. It is a good round brush to curl any straight hair.
- Use some natural heat protectant such as Almond Oil, Shea Butter while curling your hair.
- And finally, invest in the right hot rollers or a curling irons. If your hair is thin you can buy CONAIR Instant Heat Ceramic Flocked Rollers. And if your hair is thick, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Roller Hair setter will be the best hot rollers box for you. If you are opting for a curling iron, the best choice will be BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron and T3 – SinglePass Curling Iron.
- Curly hair is bouncy and it looks charming.
- It is playful and entertaining
- There will be no hassle to brush your curly hair at any time
- You can be worry-free about ponytail ridge with your curly hair
- Gives your wide range of styling options
- It makes you unique, confident and relaxed.
- Sometimes it gets messy
- Your hair may sometimes feel like straw
- May face frizziness
- Can’t hold a curl for long if your hair is thin.
- You need to be an expert to have a good looking curl.
Curly to Straight
Like most of the girls, you may have wanted to have a pretty look by straightening your hair. Whether you have straight hair or not, you need to follow some steps and use some products to make/keep your hair straighten. Let’s check out in below what are those.
Things You Have to Do Straightening Your Hair
- To straighten your curly hair, washing your hair is a must. As curly hair tends to get frizzy, always use anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner. You can use Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner Duo Set for your curly hair. You can use Alterna Replenishing Moisture Masque if you want to have deep protection and restore your damaged/frizzy hair.
- Use hair protectant such as L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray before blow-dry your hair. Check Harry Josh Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000 to blow-dry our hair.
- Use Bio Silk Therapy Thermal Shield as your heat protectant.
- Finally, buy a good flat iron for curly hair and finish up your hair straightening job. We recommend you to use Neuro Smooth Flat Iron or BIO IONIC Onepass Straightening Iron to straighten your curly hair. But remember; use your flat iron with some drops of hair serum.
- Straight hair looks pretty
- Make you look sleek, tidy and polished
- Easy to detangle
- Easy to brush and wash
- Looks shiny
- Can grow long
- Less prone to frizz
- Have corporate and professional looking
- Very low in volume
- Hair roots get greasy
- Very few styling options
- May face ponytail dents
- To keep your hair straight, you need to straighten almost every day
- Need to spend more on good hair straighteners and hair care products
Every type of hair has its own charm and chaos. If you want to go with the trends and want to have a sleek, polished and minimal look, then straight hair is for you. Besides, straight hair can grow longer, easy to plait, and less prone to frizz. But remember, it needs more time and products to maintain, and ponytail dents occur often.
However, if you want to be natural, love bouncy hair, hate to brush your hair regularly, like to be fancy, bold or unique and feels annoyed of hair care and maintenance, be confident with your curly hair. Men also like this type of hair, and it also gives you many hair styling options.
The Bottom Line
Beauty is natural. And every form of beauty has its own attraction. However, when it comes about women’s beauty, hair is a significant part. There are many types of hair and hairstyles.
So, which hairstyle suits you most?
Just stand in front of your mirror and ask yourself, how you look actually with your curly or straight hair? Your decision is the main thing. If you like your hair and if you think it defines you who you are, just let it be as it is and take care of it regularly. It will surely hold and increase your confidence.
- GLAMOUR, Curly v straight hair: which suits these ladies better?. MONDAY 22 MAY 2017
- Wedding Dates, CURLY OR STRAIGHT LOOK FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY HAIR?, 2ND MARCH 2013
- Quora, Which is better, curly hair or straight hair?